Friday, September 14, 2007

Camp Wellstone -- high quality campaign info

A three day camp for candidates and workers in the realm of politics kicked off this afternoon and evening at the D.U. campus. Folks from all around the nation are in Pittsburgh to learn about the Wellstone way of political action and organization.

I'm loving it.

Local participants include: Pat Clark, Tonya Payne, Tonya's sister, some Payne office and campaign crew, some Acorn folks, and David Tessitor. Others are from throughout the state: Erie, Harrisburg, Scranton and Philly.

People are here from Texas, Virginia, Maine, West Virginia, DC, Ohio, New Mexico, Minnestota (of course) and Indiana. I'm just going off the top of my head based on some of the people I've been able to chat with.

Stump speeches come into focus in the morning sessions.

This is a 'progressive' school and 'progressive approach.' I'll blog more with details and highlights as time allows -- and I don't expect it to be so generous.

No comments: